Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I studied fine Arts in Barcelona and Berlin , I spend as well several years in France were I filmed several video pieces.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I start filming during mi second year of studies in the Kunsthochschule Berlin Weißensee when I was studing sculpture. I found the video media a best way to express myself.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I try to experiment between different genres. I make a kind of poetical and introspective work using video to describe emotional atmospheres. I use as well the video to visualize fake ‘realities’ as a way of ‘videotopies’…
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I have a lot of references of painting and old and modern film and videomakers, such as Buñuel, Leos Carrax, Lech Maiesky, Mathew Barney, Pierrick Sorin, Reynolds Reynolds, Carles Congost…
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use an HDV sony camera, and a Digital Canon photo camera. For editing I use Final Cut and After Effects in a Mac Laptop
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
The possibility of composing, that means generate different images than you registered.
7. How do you finance your films?
Principally I try to realize another jobs to economize and be able to finance my self projects.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work alone, but I use a lot of free collaborators for acting in my video pieces. I will like to work in a team as well.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
All kind of fake documentaires.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To find resources to be able to produce new films.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources