1. Tell me something about your life and? the educational background
I was born at Hebei China. I studied drawing since I was four years old. And I droped out form school at two grade high school. Then I come to Beijing and star to make performance art. Some years ago I think the performence art is not my style to making art. Then I started to make animaton and video and I like it more and more.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
At start I just wanted to take sound and image to one stuff and then I take more stuff to my work like video and stop motion.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Psychology states. There are many people have no safety and we have no able to know our fate. We living here day by day but never to know where we going to.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Many scence take me to certain special moods in my true life for my consept was melted in my mind that was decided how do I looking this world, and it is appear with certain moods. So I was working in these moving or still images to communicate that mood that without words. Because I think all the images can take some moods out.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I have no consistent technical to making film. Shooting video files and drawing animation or shoot stop motion. Then I combining them together in computer. And I making effects with certain ways. Like print the frames and destroy them then scan them in agin…
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is is manifesting itself as an important position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
I think it is fit me now. It can combining lot of elementary in one. Like images sounds and animation and many others.
About it’s future. I don’t know. Maybe it will be come possibility more.
7. How do you finance your films?
By myself. I do all the works in my film. Cover and shoot and edit and music. And I do other job to keep life.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
I think I am a independent film artist. I do any things by myself and show my work at gallery or certain space.
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Yes. I edit film for other person or company. This is just my job, a way to make money. Certainly I like do my art work more.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I think my works are changing in long time. So my works are changing with many things.
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I will make moving and still image straight.