Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in Poland. I received my degree in Painting from the Academy of Arts in Poland. I am currently living and working in Hanover, Germany.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started making experimental short films in my fourth year of studying in 1996.
I made my first animation in 2010. Moving pictures and sound are the most comprehensive and interesting forms of expression for me.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
My films are about myself and the world around me. They are mostly a comment on what the media is showing.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I´m trying to create my own style and express my own vision. It is a very intuitive process. My films consist of tightly integrated sound and image compositions. Most of my works are animated illustrations.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use a digital camera, Apple Mac, iPhone 4s.
I work with Apple and Adobe software.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
Digital video technologies allow more independence and a much more effective capacity to create and distribute.
7. How do you finance your films?
My films are financed by myself.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually. In the future I would like to work with someone whose music fit to my films.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Experimental video artists and comics have an influence on me.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To keep doing what I like to do. My dream is to create a film using the 3D technology.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources
On my official web page:
You can see my films on YouTube: